Journalism and Social Communication
In the face of the current speed of media development people professionally dealing with the area of social communication (journalists and PR specialists) need to have a fluent knowledge of English – including its specific professional varieties and practical, workshop use in the context of duties performed in their careers. Studies in intramural and extramural (weekend) formula, fund partly by UE - with low school fee. The aim of our studies is to educate journalists and PR specialists.
Our graduates will also be prepared to operate in the market independently by organizing a media institution or founding an advertising or PR agency. The course of studies includes many optional classes, which enables the student to adjust the curriculum to their desired profile and thus to their interests and the needs of the employment market. All classes in English, conducted by experts on theory and active practitioners of journalism and Public Relations. We offer complementary master’s studies in an open formula – for graduates of all bachelor’s studies (or equivalent), form Poland and abroad.
The curriculum we offer is designed to help students develop competences necessary in both these professions. It comprises classes (mainly workshops) that will allow graduates to achieve competencies and skills in the area of broadly defined professional public communication, which will enable them to start a career as:
- journalists in all kinds and all ranges of media (print media, radio, television, the Internet; local and sublocal media, countrywide and global media; general as well as trade and expert media);
- specialists in the area of broadly defined image communication: Public Relations, branding, advertising communication, Corporate Identity, etc.;
- editors/editorial assistants (gatekeepers) in the above mentioned types of media;
- journalists specializing in a given category of topic-specific journalism (investigative, sports, economic, etc.);
- radio and TV presenters and producers (work with a camera and microphone);
- spokespeople and counselors/coaches in the field of communication;
- coaches and counselors in the field of intercultural communication (in organizations, public institutions, NGOs, etc);
- counselors in the field of creating public people’s image;
- employees of advertising and PR agencies.